Monday, March 29, 2010

Coworkers are just as fun as customers

As many of you may know, Barnes & Noble has recently launched our own e-reader called nook. I own one and have been very pleased with it. As the only bookseller at our location to own one, I've been doing some of the hourly announcements to entice our customers to purchase one. In one of these announcements, I say, "I love my nook." After I finished, one of my coworkers burst into laughter that he'd apparently been trying to contain. He found it hilarious and inappropriate that I love my "nook." He then declared, "I'm unable to take you seriously anymore." And proceeded to laugh every time he saw me for the rest of the day.
I must be doing something right, because up until that point he had been taking me seriously. I guess I can pull it off.

1 comment:

  1. Just as long as you don't slip up and say "I love my nookie."

    ReplyDelete